News sulla Fondazione
Dinamo is not only sports but also social commitment through strategic activity given to the protection of those who need special attention, with a special focus on young people and their physical and mental growth.
The Fondazione Dinamo was created in 2011 with these objectives, strongly supported by the Sassari based basketball company, which operates within the territory of the Autonomous Region of Sardinia with charitable purposes in the fields of social welfare, charity, education, training and amateur sport. These objectives are aimed to support the person in his training process, the presence and expression in society, through the dissemination of the culture and practices of sport, nutrition education, the development of forms of social integration, care and recovery of those who are in particular need.
The main aim of the Fondazione Dinamo is to contribute creating a healthy environment in which raise youngsters, spreading feelings and values of sociability, integration, cooperation, aggregation, physical wellness, attention to nutrition and growth of the individual as a single part of a community, moreover raising awareness to the society - particularly new generations - to the theme of solidarity and attention to the “neighbor”.
The winning sport model represented by the first team athletes enables a more effective channel of communication and awareness, useful to convey the message.
In this context, Dinamo Basket works daily with the youth teams in a project that goes beyond the simple valence sport but broader: distance young people from anything that can "distract" them.
This is the philosophy that encourages Dinamo and his foundation to start new initiatives, such as:
Activities for young people:
- “Drug use among adolescents”: an initiative organized by the Provincial Police Command, in collaboration the Serd and the Education Authority. One of four teenagers has already familiarized with drugs and alcohol so it was promoted a day to say no to drugs, to teach respect for the law and the values that support it. An initiative dedicated to high school students and hinterland towns: 3800 students who filled the PalaSerradimigni sports hall.
- “Love strategies”: a meeting-seminary with Patch Adams, the inventor of Clown Care, famous all over the world. This meeting main message was the importance of giving to others and take care of the neighbor with Patch Adams protagonist to disclose its slogan: we need to see our neighbor as a friend in a context of love, peace and justice.
- Participation and promotion of campaigns against violence on women, children, racial and gender discrimination.
- The divulgation among youth of the principles of healthy and proper daily living, proper nutrition (youth people in general and athletes in particular) with the project on nutrition for young athletes
- The strengthening of the relations of the trinomial educators - parents - young people about the Fondazione Dinamo is developing and carrying out a project which is to make available to a group of students / players of certain classes / teams staff specialized in children with experience in the management of parenting issues in sports and school. In this way a specialist, attending training sessions, competitions, talks and meetings between parents and school teachers / coaches, may acquire behavioral information related to the relationship with young people through observation and dialogue, giving adequate feedback to create or strengthen cohesion within the educational network, just as happens in the team game
- Collaboration with the University of Sassari in the perspective of the valorization of Erasmus student mobility
Activities in favor of persons with special problems by helping them highlight and disseminate knowledge of these issues:
- Besides guesting some people with ALS at every game, like our first supporter Susanna Campus, many fundraising initiatives have been activated and organized. The biancoblu (white-blue) team and staff were in first line and participated in several awareness-raising initiatives such as "Facciamo canestro contro la Sla" - “Hoops for ALS”, basketball game with fundraising in support of AISLA the Italian Association Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.This year the team will also be a testimonial of the permanent fight against this terrible disease carrying on the game jersey from the symbol of the Association for the fight against ALS (AISLA).
- Dinamo was nominated by the two main NGOs in the world, The Rotary Foundation and UNICEF, ambassadors of the struggle for the eradication of polio. As demonstration of this commitment, the Dynamo played in the past season with the logo "End Polio Now" on the jersey.
- This year the Fondazione Dinamo carries on with the military wing of Dinamo through the newly founded company Dinamo Lab enrollment in the Serie B wheelchair basketball, which otherwise would disappear from our second league, which in Sassari always arouses great enthusiasm by both talented players and many fans and supporters. A project that again reflects the strong commitment of Dinamo and the Foundation for the promotion of sports culture and to open new horizons in the local and regional sports landscape.
- Visit to the youth of the department of pediatrics infectious hospital in Sassari with gifts, smiles and emotions to hospitalized children.
- Initiatives for the awareness and widespread of blood donation.
- Support of the Hearth child House project: the goal is the creation of a biosphere in which terminal children along with their parents can spend special moments in contact with nature.
Support of the Hearth child House project: the goal is the creation of a biosphere in which terminal children along with their parents can spend special moments in contact with nature.
Thanks to the synergistic collaboration with the Polisportiva Dinamo Basket and its roster, the Fondazione Dinamo has enabled, organized and carried out:
- Toys collection for children of flooded areas;
- Initiatives to collect funds for the people affected by Cyclone Cleopatra (Solidarity game between Administrator and Dinamo All Star - "A canestro per la Sardegna”- “Hoops for Sardinia”)
- Raising funds aimed to the donation of equipment and furnishings to the department of neuropsychiatry of the Sassari University Hospital;
- Purchase of groceries to be delivered to the ”Casa della Fraterna Solidarietà” (House of Fraternal Solidarity);
Mission of Foundation
The Foundation is a non-profit organization that operates within the territory of the Autonomous Region of Sardinia.
It pursues exclusively charitable purposes in the fields of social welfare, charity, education, training and amateur sport. These objectives are aimed to support the person in his formative itinerary, presence and expression in society, through the dissemination of the culture and practices of sport, nutrition education, the development of all forms of social integration, care and recovery of those who are in particular need.
In particular, the Foundation pursues:
- The satisfaction of basic needs and the full realization of fundamental human rights, including the rights to education, training and culture, with particular reference to young people and elderly people who are in a situation of discomfort;
- The dissemination of the culture and practice of sport as a tool aimed at the physical and mental wellbeing, social integration and the improvement of quality of life, with particular reference to those who are disadvantaged;
- The dissemination of the culture and practice of nutrition education as a tool aimed at the physical and mental wellbeing, social integration and the improvement of quality of life, with particular reference to those who are disadvantaged;
- The support and development of charity.
Board of Directors
The Foundation is governed by a Board, consisting of:
- Carlo Andrea Sardara, Chairman of the board;
- Gian Mario Dettori, Director;
- Stefano Francesco Sardara, Director.
The Chairman of the board is entrusted with the powers to vary the regulations and the certificate of incorporation as may be required by the competent authorities for recognition of the Foundation and its entry in the register of non-profit organization.
The Board of Directors is in charge for five years, unless revocation.
- Lawyer Dino Milia,
- Dott.Carlo Sardara, President of the Fondazione Dinamo
- Dott. Stefano Sardara, President of Dinamo Banco di Sardegna Sassari
- Dott. Gianmario Dettori, Vice President of Dinamo Banco di Sardegna Sassari
- Dott. Andrea Manunta, since 1990 associate professor at the AOU Sassari "Diseases of the musculoskeletal system."
- Dott. Pietro Fresu, since 1991 senior physician at the AOU Sassari Operating Unit diabetes and metabolic diseases.
BOARD OF AUDITORS
The foundation has as its oversight body the Board of Auditors. These include:
- Dr. Alberto Ceresa, accountant, statutory auditor-President;
- Maria Agostina Pischedda, business consultant, auditor;
- Dr. Vanni Bolognini, accountant, statutory auditor.
The Board of Directors may, unanimously, appoint a Honorary President to be chosen among prominent personalities who have distinguished themselves for their position towards the support and defense of the principles common to those of the Foundation. The Council gave this honor to the historic President of Dinamo Sassari, Lawyer Dino Milia.
ONE1TEAM...for my life!The Euroleague’s acclaimed sport, social development and marketing program that uses the power of basketball to integrate communities and achieve significant positive social impact has begun in Sassari! The Dinamo Sassari and its social foundation, the Fondazione Dinamo, married the Euroleague’s proposal with enthusiasm and watching it as a possibility to confirm their commitment to give back all the devotion that community give to Dinamo Sassari.
Last session with Gianfranco Zola: NEWS ITA | NEWS ENG EUROLEAGUE | FOTO
Official Web Site: http://www.euroleague.net/one-team
The program “ONE1TEAM…for my life!” involved a group of teenagers of 13- 14 years old who study in a middle school in the heart of Sassari: a multicultural area with social and economic problems and a high level of school dropouts. The group is mixed (boys and girls) and composed of around 25 teenagers. The program will be structured in 10 sessions, each one has a key word and it organized in 2 hours: one hour driven by an expert of the teenagers’ world in the Club House and the other hour driven by the One Team Coaches on the court.
The 7th of November the project was presented to the local press medias. Stefano Sardara, the Dinamo Sassari’s President, started the conference saying the society’s big excitement to begin “ONE1TEAM…for my life!” and to have the opportunity to be again in the 1st line to contribute in the community’s integration. Carlo Sardara, the President of the Fondazione Dinamo, which is Partner and Sponsor of “ONE1TEAM…for my life!”, underlined that in the goals suggested from One Team, the Fondazione Dinamo recognized the same goals that the foundation has being working in since the first day.
The head coach and Dinamo Sassari’s One Team Ambassador Meo Sacchetti talked about his 1st approach with the group met in the morning: «It’s was difficult to talk with the guys, nobody answered to my question “What is your dream?” and a lot of them don’t practice any sport. We understood that we need to work on their ambitions using the power of basketball: indeed, doing a sport helps not just the body but also the mind».On Tuesday 11th there was the first session, which had as key word “knowledge”, driven by the One Team Ambassador Meo Sacchetti. The group started to be more confident with the One Team Ambassadors Meo Sacchetti, Jack Devecchi and Jeff Brooks and One Team coaches. It was very useful the idea of Paolo Citrini, 2nd coach of Dinamo Sassari and One Team coach, to make a survey to be more comfortable to talk about ourselves. It has questions as: «What is the main thing that you love? What about the one that you hate? What do you think about sport? What do you expect from “ONE1TEAM…for my life”?».Everyone answered to those questions, firstly the three One Team Ambassadors which read their answers to all and talked a little bit about their history. Then, some guys and girls decided to read their answer to the others. After, all the group was ready to go on the court for their 1st One Team practice hour with the One Team Coaches. They made all exercises driven always by the word “Knowledge”.
The 2nd session was on Tuesday 18th and its title was “Adolescence: a creative age”. Nicola Virdis, who is an educator- actor and juggler, stimulated the group to open their minds, to use their imagination transforming a plastic bag or a ball in clippers, eyes, bow tie. The group did some exercises to increase their trust about the others. After the hour with Nicola, the group went to the court with the One Team Coaches. At the end of the practice hour, they had their 1st basketball game practice with the Dinamo Sassari players Massimo Chessa, Edgar Sosa and Miroslav Todic.
It’s just the beginning of “ONE1TEAM…for my life!” but it’s amazing to experiment that just who gets the risk to start a relationship with teenagers, who gets involved with all himself, just he/she can discover the beauty of their trust, the grateful to see their personality shown up session by session.